24 OCTOBER 2019
ZIFA DELEGATION ATTENDS FIFA NDRC WORKSHOP
The Zimbabwe Football Association delegation is in Lusaka, Zambia for a one day FIFA workshop on the implementation of a National Dispute Resolution Chamber (NDRC) in Zimbabwe . The ZIFA delegation comprises of the following:-
- Joseph Mamutse – ZIFA General Secretary
- Xolisani Gwesela – ZIFA Communications and Competitions Manager
- Kennedy Ndebele – Premier Soccer League Chief Executive O officer
- Rodwell Thabe – Premier Soccer League Marketing and ICT Manager
- Desmond Maringwa -Footballers Union of Zimbabwe President
- Eliah Zvimba – Footballers Union of Zimbabwe Labour consultant
A National Dispute Resolution Chamber (NDRC) is an independent arbitration tribunal established at national level within the framework of the Association or as a collective bargaining mechanism. It should have equal representation for both clubs and players association.
The NDRC will handle disputes between clubs and players within the national dimension regarding employment and contractual stability, training and compensation and solidarity contributions for all clubs affiliated to the Zimbabwe Football Association.
The establishment of an NDRC in Zimbabwe will offer professional clubs and players faster, specialised and cheaper mechanism to resolve employment related disputes.
ZIFA will operationalize the NDRC by March 2020
FOR AND ON BEHALF OF THE ZIMBABWE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
XOLISANI GWESELA , COMMUNICATIONS AND COMPETITIONS MANAGER